We are situated in a cosy apartment on the higher floor of one of Hanoi's modern apartment buildings. Within walking distance (or a short uber/grab ride away) to the Old Quarters but outside of the chaotic central hustle and bustle. Not as crowded, this is suitable if you are looking for a less touristy side of Hanoi.
Located in a well-connected, vibrant but quiet neighborhood, it is relatively off your typical Hanoi beaten track. You will find yourself fully immerse in the local scenes.
However, this is not a hostel, guest house, inn or budget hotel. This is our house and what we want to provide is a comfortable and local stay for our guests. We will do our best to provide a warm welcome to everyone who stays with us, available when needed and give your privacy otherwise. So please don't treat us like hotel staff :)
• Time for check-in, check-out can be flexible, if we don't have guests the previous or the next day. Otherwise:
- Check-in time: after 2 PM (Possibly to come and drop your luggage upon arrival - Do check with us first)
- Check-out time: before 12 PM (noon)
(This allows us enough time to clean & prep your space.)
• Minimum stay is 1 night.
- Normal Price: $US 11/person/night (price might subject to change across seasons, charge extra $US 5 after the first guest).
• You will have a private room with a queen size bed for two.
• Full access to a separate bathroom entirely for guest use with hot water shower, the kitchen, washing machine and a large screen cable TV in the living room.
• Wi-fi is available and stable throughout the flat.
• Smoking is possible on the balcony with city view of Hanoi.
• You will have your own key and total freedom to do your own traveling, interaction is not required.
Otherwise, if my mother and I are not busy with work and study, we will be happy to show you around, cook you a local meal or take you to local (hidden) food stalls for an authentic taste of Hanoi culinary.
Bus stop to city center, the Old Quarter and other parts of Hanoi is just a few footsteps away. Down onto the streets, you will find a variety of convenient local food stalls, restaurants, cafes. Five minutes to the city center by bus/taxi/motorbike or 15-20 minutes walking in one straight direction.
• Fivimart (a mini mart) on the Ground floor, in case you need to stock up on your essentials.
• A fitness center a few footsteps away, for those of you temporary/longterm nomads wishing to stay in shape.
• Pharmacy right across the street from the building with a wide range of over-the-counter medicines available for common ailments.
• BY BUS:
There is a bus stop 15 meters to the right of the building's entrance.
1. Bus No. 23 and 04 will take you to Hoan Kiem Lake and the Old Quarter. Or alternatively, from the building you can walk (10-15 mins)/take a bus (10 mins)/take a cab (5 mins) to Hoan Kiem Lake.
2. From the Hoan Kiem Lake bus stop, get on bus No. 14 to Vietnam's Museum of Ethnology (30-45 mins)
3. From the building, you can take bus No. 23 or No. 04 to Long Bien Bus Terminal. From there, bus No. 47 will take you to Bat Trang Ceramic and Pocerlain Village
4. You can take bus No. 23 to Ho Chi Minh Museum, Ho Chi Minh Masoleum, Hanoi Temple of Literature (these 3 landmarks are relatively nearby one another, in one district).
Note: Ho Chi Minh Museum is closed on Sundays
5. From the building, it takes 10-15 minutes walking to Vietnam History Museum and Vietnamese Women's Museum
• BY TAXI:
1. Mai Linh Taxi (green and white colors) or Hanoi Taxi Group (white with red and blue texts) are the most reliable taxi companies that we could recommend.
2. There are two kinds of taxi: 4-seater and 7-seater. The price for the latter is slightly higher. Credit cards are also accepted on Taxi Group and Mai Linh Taxi for payment.
☆ We only accept official payment through Airbnb, that means no direct cash payment. This is to ensure the rights and benefits of both the host and guests.
☆ Prices are non-negotiable, as we believe what we offer is the most optimal given the Airbnb market competition in Hanoi, as well as our own resources and exerted efforts. If you stay for more than 7 days, discounts are included in the weekly price.
☆ We can help you arrange tours to Halong Bay, Bai Tu Long, Mai Chau, Sapa or Northeast Vietnam at a reasonable price with reputable services.
Q - Can I have your contact info like phone number, email address, home address, social media contact…?
A - Without official reservation: NO, you cannot. Airbnb is strict on this. Even if I share my contact to you, Airbnb will delete it immediately. So all the communication and reservation shall be done on the Airbnb platform. It is specifically developed to deliver financial security for both parties (guests and hosts). Only AFTER you have made a reservation with us, will both of us be able to exchange our contact details.
Q - How do I get to your place?
A - Direction and house address will be revealed after reservation is successfully made.
☆ MAKE SURE TO GET YOUR VISA:
• We have had quite a few guests having to cancel their reservation because they did not know that they need a visa in Vietnam or got scammed by some visa website. Therefore, we've sought out trustworthy visa-on-arrival provider (taking zero commission) for your convenience. Make an inquiry and we will provide some suggestions.
☆ Our most fundamental rule: We hope you treat our house as if it were your own. Unlike Zuckerberg, we hope not to have people who "move fast and break things" at our humble abode.
☆ Sustainability for Planet Earth: Turn off any electrical appliances that you don’t use and before leaving the house.
☆ Do inform us beforehand if you have visitors, but visitors can not stay overnight.
☆ We would really appreciate it if you consume your food in the dining room + living room, and not in the bedroom. This is due Hanoi's climate this time of year, food in your room will attract ants and bugs.
☆ Otherwise, the rest is pretty much common sense as far as residing in a house goes. Be respectful, be responsible and keep clean :)
I had a great stay here! The apartment is located in a great area with delicious street food and nice cafes close by. Close to the Old Quarter. The room itself is very comfortable! Lan was a great communicator, helping me with visa questions and quickly responding to messages during my stay. Ms. Tin was a fantastic host! She made sure I was comfortable and was always helpful. I enjoyed speaking with her so much! On my last night we went to her friends house for dinner with her family, which was so kind!! Would definitely recommend staying here
Lan is a great and responsive communicator and Tin is like the nicest, most accommodating host ever! They provide lots of info on where to go for local food, entertainment, etc. I had to stay home a couple times and do some work on my laptop and when Tin had company over she was very respectful and made sure that I wasn't being disturbed. The view is great and the location is super duper cool, by the way. Wow!
© 2019CHRISTINAS VIETNAM COMPANY LIMITED.
Christina's is a member of the Cmego’s ecosystem
Enterprise Registration Certificate No. 0314612042 issued by the Department of Planning and Investment of Ho Chi Minh City on 06/09/2017
Address at: 212/2B Nguyen Trai, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
International Tour Operation Licensce No. 79-834/2018/TCDL-GPLHQT issued by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism - National Administration of Tourism on 23/04/2018.