Sunny Old Corner is not only a place, it's a vibe!
Besides the unique design, the house stands out for its perfect location.
- Ideal for FOOD LOVERS: surrounded by many famous street food vendors. Plus, Hanoi's most famous coffee street is a few steps away. Get yourself a "ca phe sua da" (coffee with condensed milk) and let that caffein energizes your day!
- Super convenient for EXPLORERS: LESS TOURISTY-MORE LOCAL-MORE AUTHENTIC! walking-distances to a beautiful park, lakes, shopping malls,...
The house is on the second floor of a street-front building, built by the French during their colonial period. This ancient house now has its entire inner space remodeled, bringing it a new life, making it a sparkling gem in the center of the antiquated old town.
- Going into a small alley, guest can follow the stairs to the second floor, where Sunny Old Corner is located. During the short short walk, the life of old Hanoians slowly reveals.
- The Sunny Old Corner has a special location, which allows the house to catch A WHOLE LOT OF SUNLIGHT everyday. This is one of its uniquenesses, as ancient houses are built pretty tightly, resulting in the lack of natural lights.
- The house has two balconies designed specially to give guests great angels to overwatch the city. Our guests have told us how they love to watch Hanoi comes to life while sitting there, with a cup of hot coffee, early in the morning.
- Flooring is a combination of old-fashion-inspired cement tiles (for kitchen and balconies) and hardwood (for living room and bedroom). We do pay attention to details, to make sure the house not only provides best living conditions, but also an artistic sense.
- Kitchen, bathroom and living room are located on the first level of the house. Kitchen is fully equipped with an induction stove top, a medium-sized fridge, plenty of pots, pans, bowls , dishes, utensils and basic cooking condiments. There is also a washing machine for guests in case needed. Bathroom is newly remodeled, and always kept clean. The living room is beautifully spacious and highlighted by colorful furnitures such as table cloths, pillows, ... and very importantly, indoor plants. We appreciate the benefits plants bring to human’s health, therefore, in return, guests when stay at Sunny Old Corner, are encouraged to water our plants daily! ;) In the living room, there is also a cute and comfy swing chair that we put up by ourselves. That was a lot of work! But it’s another thing that makes Sunny Old Corner ain’t like no others!
- Upstairs, on the mezzanine, bedroom is private with A DOUBLE BED and two huge closets. A second bed is available UPON REQUEST, so please let us know! Nothing gets better than falling asleep watching the sky, and waking up to the white clouds and sunshine. Because of the house's very unique design, view from the bedroom is one of the house's highlights!
- After 4pm, a street food vendor that sells the famous dish: "Pho Ga" (Chicken Noodle Soup) is open, right downstairs. Just by standing on the balcony, guests have a full view of the busy business, underneath the house, on the sidewalk. Guests get to see the broth pot, how people shred up chickens, pick the herbs, make the dish, and so on. This street food vendor has been here for more than 30 years, generations after generations, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives. They all have made a living since, from plastic tables and stools, and a pot of delicious chicken broth. When you visit a city, and you only need to walk downstairs for its signature famous yummy street food dish??? Oh c’mon it’s an unique experience, ain’t like no others!
You love food?
Search no more!
Sunny Old Corner is surrounded by a lot of famous street food vendors that have been in the city for generations. All kinds of noodle, from rice noodles, to vermicelli, to glass noodles with eel, ...from sticky rice, to Bun Cha (vermicelli with grilled meat patties), to even grilled seafood, ...And don’t forget the Vietnamese iced coffee - “ca phe sua da” - all is within a few minutes of walk.
You love conveniences? Sunny Old Corner is:
- 5 minutes by a Grabcar/taxi (and costs ~$2) or 20minutes of straight-walk to Hoan Kiem Lake and the rest of city center
- 5-7 minutes of walk to beautiful Thong Nhat Park with lots of locals, a lake, trees, and air to breathe. Opposite the park, there is another gorgeous lake - the only one in the city with lovely white and black swans!!
- 5 minutes of walk to most famous mall center in the city (Vincom)
- 2 minutes of walk to bus stops on main streets
My co-host and I, we are always willing to help you out. Whether it's airport pickup, recommendations for food, instructions to an equipment, ... any questions. Anything! As I was born and raised in the Old-Quarter-the heart of this city, I am confident to provide you any information you need.
We can be reached via phone or in person. Guests are very welcome to contact us through Airbnb as well, prior or during their stay at Sunny Old Corner. We always try our best to assist guests as fast as possible, so that you are guaranteed a great experience.
Because we love Hanoi, and we hope you love Hanoi too <3
Sunny Old Corner lays in the heart of a typical Hanoi area. From the street-front balconies on the 2nd and 3rd floor, guests can live and breathe Hanoi spirit anytime of the day. Bright, sunny and quiet in the morning; busy, a little noisy, and full of street food vendors in the evening. I don't really know if you ever get tired from eating too much, but I normally don't. So all the best street food dishes, and the world-famous Vietnamese "ca phe sua da" (coffee with condensed milk) are right around the block for you to enjoy. Honestly, what is traveling without great traditional FOODS?
As a "rule", finding parking spots within the Old-Quarter areas is extremely hard. Therefore, guests are not encouraged to have vehicles. However, nearby parking options are available; and additional charges are unavoidable. In this case, we would love to assist you further, for your best convenience.
In contrast, the house is located a minute walk from one of the main streets of the city; so that access to buses is extremely easy. It is also a cost-saving way of exploring Hanoi, as bus costs around 50 cents per ride. So with only a map and some changes, you can get to anywhere, from Sunny Old Corner.
It is even way easier to get a cab, or to book a Grabcar/Grabbike/Shared Vehicle via an app. This, we would love to help you out more, anytime needed.
- Ideal times to "shower" our plants is anytime before 11am or after 4pm. Please keep our plants green and the environment healthy. We appreciate it <3
- House is not suitable for heavy smoking/drinking or partying. We apologize for the inconveniences but we do respect our neighbours as they are very friendly but are terribly allergic to noise...
- When moving in the house or up/down the stairs, please be mindful to keep the noise down, keep the area clean (no littering!).
- I hope you love Sunny Old Corner as much as we do. Please use everything with care and we thank you for your understanding!
Lovely loft, very spacious and has lots of natural light as well as great amenities. Khahn was amazing and helped us with everything we needed and gave us lots of good local tips. We were really sad to leave!
This apartment will ruin other Airbnb’s for you. It’s so beautiful the other places we stayed on our trip paled in comparison. Located in the heart of Hanoi, couldn’t be more convenient. Literally not a single complaint except that we had to leave.
This Airbnb could not have been more perfect for our stay in Hanoi. We appreciated that it was outside the bustle of the main areas of Hanoi but also close enough to walk to Old Town or French Quarter Khanh if we desired. The loft is also a close walk to a nearby lake that we consider a highlight of our stay, as it was a great place to both exercise and observe local recreation in the evenings. The loft itself was exactly what we hoped it would be. It had so much natural light and a pleasing aesthetic. There were some lovely touches in decor and indoor plants, as well as a bouquet of flowers with a handwritten card to welcome us! Khanh and Trang responded promptly and thoroughly to all our questions. We felt well taken care of and definitely recommend this Airbnb!