Located 2.8km to DaLat market, Avocado House is a new stylized 48m2 home with a tremendous view over the pine valley.
If you're looking for a quiet & refreshing retreat, whether it's a weekend get-away or a long stay, you'll find it pretty much in the house. Fully equipped kitchen for cooking lovers; 49in. Internet TV for a movie day-in. Home garden for green lovers. Warm heated bed & misty morning for dreamers. Be it a foggy or sunny day, you'll find comfort with just a cup of artichoke tea.
Further details about our Space.
- You'll be able to access our 1500m2 homeland garden long-grown by our parents, spelling DaLat native avocado, persimmon, coffee, tea & mulberry trees all the way down to the pine valley.
- We have a shared BBQ fire pit and many relaxing chairs under the shades. If you wish to host a BBQ party, it would be self-service, feel free to ask us for charcoals and tools you may need.
- Books are best to enjoy in a terrace overlooking the foggy pine forest after the rain.
- Outdoor private parking space can accommodate two 7-seat cars. Security lodge and 24/7 surveillance cameras on duty.
*PRIVATE AREAS - The Avocado House:
- Living room with 49in. LG TV, a big comfy sofa that can be unfolded into a Double bed 1m4 x 2m
- Full kitchen with safe electric cooktop, kitchen hood, microwave, rice cooker, toaster, electric kettle & refridgerator. Cookingware and utensils. Rice, cooking oil, seasonings and garden herbs are available. We offer complimentary coffee, artichoke tea, milk, eggs & instant noodles for emergency use :)
- Self-laundry with a Electrolux washing machine & dryer.
- Full bathroom with hot shower.
- Hot water is available in both kitchen and bathroom area.
- Heated bed in the bedroom with electric blanket.
- Baby-bath and highchair are available, please request if need be.
We live on a different street in DaLat, but in case you need us, our family member who stays around will answer your request promptly. Pls feel free to ask for my help to book a taxi / tour / or bus tickets (as sometimes they don't speak English.)
Our house is on the main street opposite the Maple Leaf park (Khu du lịch Lá Phong). It is a tranquil and fresh area surrounded by pine trees. You'll be able to enjoy an intimate hide-away without sacrifying location convenience, thanks to a quick access to nearby restaurants and groceries, and a short ride (2.8km) to DaLat center market.
From our house to:
- Maple leaf Tourist park: 50m
- FuTa Bus station: 1km
- Cable Car (to Truc Lam Zen Monastry) entrance: 1.5km
- Lam Vien Square (ie. Big C supermarket): 1.8km
- DaLat Night market: 2.8km
- Train station: 3km
- Crazy House: 3.2km
Taxi & Motobike rental are options. Your motobike would just be a phonecall away, approximately USD 5-6 / bike / day. The service includes delivering rental bikes to the door and picking them up.
Dalat Lien Khuong airport is in the outskirt, 30km to city center. It is a 30mins drive. Airport shuttle bus is available at USD 2/ pax. Or taxi is USD 8-10/ trip.
Thank you for helping us keep the space clean and tidy by:
- Doing your own dishes please :)
- The BBQ fire pit is self-service, you can ask us to provide charcoals and tools.
- No dirty shoes in the house (the provided slippers are to be used outside the house in the garden)
One of the most beautiful settings to fall asleep and wake up to. The home is nestled on a hillside, beautiful views and just minutes to the main road.
Highly recommend renting the motorbike; it will make your stay easy, getting around accessible and fun! We were always only a 10 minute drive from all of the tourist attractions (Datanla Waterfalls, Crazy House, Night Market, etc.), and a short ride in to town for great pho, coffee, and banh mi.
Highly recommended to anyone staying in Da Lat, this is where you want to be!
Our experience was mixed, due to several problems. First, the positive: the home is charming, with a nice view, and it was clean and comfortable. The washer/dryer were new and came in very handy. The other appliances were also new.
Unfortunately, a number of problems arose. The kitchen, while being newly updated, did not have many supplies, and we were expecting to cook most of our meals during our 5-day stay. There was only one small pot and one small frying pan (which was so thin that everything burned). No Western utensils (forks, spoons, knives) so we had to buy those ourselves. No plates so we had to buy those too. The shower alternated between hot and cold, perhaps due to the unreliability of electricity (see below).
The big problem was the electricity which went off during our stay. The owner was not available as he was travelling out of town. We called his sister who lived 3km away, yet was very diligent and tried to help out. The power was lost for one night but was restored the following day. It appeared that the various modern amenities of the remodeled building were just too much for the local power grid. The power went off a second time the next day but was restored fairly quickly. Our biggest concern was the lack of availability of the host and his reliance on his sister to troubleshoot problems.
If the owner can make some improvements to the basic kitchen supplies as noted above, and make whatever improvements are needed to the electrical system, and make himself more readily available to troubleshoot problems that arise, this rental house could be great.
My wife and I came to Da Lat for a weekend getaway from Saigon. We enjoyed the space, and Duc is a very responsive, accommodating host. The location can be a bit tricky to find, so follow his directions closely. Once there, you're rewarded with a much quieter and calmer area than you would find closer to town. The apartment felt clean and cozy, but the mattress is incredibly hard. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay!
© 2019CHRISTINAS VIETNAM COMPANY LIMITED.
Christina's is a member of the Cmego’s ecosystem
Enterprise Registration Certificate No. 0314612042 issued by the Department of Planning and Investment of Ho Chi Minh City on 06/09/2017
Address at: 212/2B Nguyen Trai, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
International Tour Operation Licensce No. 79-834/2018/TCDL-GPLHQT issued by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism - National Administration of Tourism on 23/04/2018.