Welcome to CAMP Dakao, a 5-bedroom curated accommodation in the up and coming neighborhood of Da Kao in District 1, a 20 minute walk or 10 minute cab ride to the center. We are food lovers, coffee enthusiasts, seekers and appreciators of good design and culture. As such, we aim to curate an immersive experience of life in the modern iteration of Saigon. As our guest, even if you're here for only a day—you are living, not visiting.
About Camp Dakao:
/ When Wong Kar Wai meets Susan Sontag /
Camp Dakao is living space that's filled with arts, memories and thoughts. Parted from the commercialized, tourism-weary and blasé way of traditional accommodations, we welcome the new generation of travelers who're open-minded and culturally curious. Our design progress includes imagining how a place can be poetic, mesmerizing, sensual and most of all, comfortable. Staying here, after a day exploring the hectic city of Saigon, we'd like to invites our guest to rest in a calm and cinematic memories of Saigon in the mid-90s.
CAMP is a re-imagination of the classic architecture of a Saigonese 3-floor townhouse with the total of 5 bedrooms. Each room comes with its own private bath/toilet and the bed is thoughtfully equipped with firm premium mattress wrapped with 400 thread, 30% silk and cotton mix soft linen. Tucked in a quiet alley, it's only take you thirty seconds to get to the main roads where you can find busy cafes, restaurants and street food stalls. The Notre Dame cathedral and Independent Palace is only a relaxing 15 minute walk away.
This is our second curated accommodation space in the same block Da Kao after Bunker Bed and Breakfast. You're welcome to enjoy all-day breakfast, coffee and cocktails with the 10% discount at Bunker which is only 5 minutes away. You can also check out Bunker's chic Airbnb rooms in my host profile.
YOUR ROOM: The Watch Tower
The Watch Tower, as the name suggests, sits on the top floor of the building. From here, surrounded by the unique backdrop Saigon architectures, you'll get an extraordinary view of the neighborhood and plenty of sunlights. The room features an open bathtub designed exclusively for relaxing moments after a long day exploring the hectic city of Saigon. CAMP's rooftop garden is also convenient located across the room.
The entire ground floor is dedicated to community space. Please feel free to hang and spend time reading in the living room and cooking your own foods in the kitchen. On the rooftop we also have a small garden where you can have your morning tea while contemplating with a cigarette.
Your privacy is well respected by us. However, we'd love to share stories and thoughtful tips. I live near-by so i'd love to drop by sometimes to have a chat with you. Viet, our manager is around most of the time and he's the guy who's willing guide you to the cool stuffs that happening in city.
District 1 is not famous for being quiet. However, Da Kao, our neighborhood, provides an unique laid-back but up-and-coming vibe. Surrounded by many great places, whether you want traditional Vietnamese street food, hip cafés or bars, you can be there in less than 15 minutes walking.
It's also a nice 15 minute walk to Notre Dame, a 10 minute walk to the Saigon Zoo and a 5 minute walk to the famous love temple that Obama visited last May.
We have also prepared a neighborhood guidebook and map placed on the desk in your room.
We just helped Cebu Airlines to write an article about Da Kao for their magazine. Check it out here:
Taxi Cabs are really easy to hail when you're out on the main street. Grab Motor and Car (share-ride app) is also available, cheap and popular.
Only use Mai Linh or Vinasun branded taxi. They're the most reliable companies.
Walk distance to:
• The Saigon Botanical Garden ( 10 mins)
• The Notre Dame & Independence Palace (15mins)
• The War Remnants Museum (15 mins)
• Ngoc Hoang Pagoda ( 5 mins)
• Thi Nghe Market (200 years old legacy market) (20 mins walk, 5 mins taxi)
Please don't smoke in the room. You can smoke in the front yard or the rooftop garden.
- No outside guests staying over. You should notify us if you're planning to invite extra friends staying over. We will charge $20 USD for each extra person if you fail to do so.
- Please keep noise at respectable level. Especially after 11PM.
- No smoking in the room. You can smoke at the top floor or the front yard where we have common space.
- We’re doing it Asian style here so no shoes inside. You can use the provided indoor slippers.
- Please turn off the A.C when you go out. Let’s make our Earth greener.
- Please lock your room, the main doors and gate whenever you go out.
- Please treat CAMP as your own home. We're an airbnb, not a hotel. In the Airbnb community, cleaning after one self is a common practice which shows respect and understanding.
If you're busy and require our cleaning services during your stay. Please follow the details below:
• Changing bed linen: $10 each room. (Free for booking over 1 week)
• No papers/trash inside the toilet please. You can use the provided trash can. If you clog the toilets, we will charge for the repair according to the amount of damage.
Below's the price list of the frequently taken (or damaged) items:
Towel: 180,000 vnd
Hand towel: 120,000 vnd
Keys: 200,000 vnd
City guide book: 150,000 vnd
Neighborhood map: 0 vnd
Bed sheet or blanket cover: 500,000 vnd
Although I didn’t get to stay at the place, Mike was really helpful with the reservation.
© 2019CHRISTINAS VIETNAM COMPANY LIMITED.
Christina's is a member of the Cmego’s ecosystem
Enterprise Registration Certificate No. 0314612042 issued by the Department of Planning and Investment of Ho Chi Minh City on 06/09/2017
Address at: 212/2B Nguyen Trai, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
International Tour Operation Licensce No. 79-834/2018/TCDL-GPLHQT issued by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism - National Administration of Tourism on 23/04/2018.